Capital One Venture X
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card is Capital One’s newest and most premium travel card. The card strikes an excellent balance between streamlined rewards cards and opulent travel cards. With a more affordable $395 annual fee, the card at a great place to compete fiercely with The Platinum Card® from American Express and Chase Sapphire Reserve®.
Venture X carries the Visa Infinite status, meaning it comes with Visa’s highest level of benefits. These include a variety of travel insurances, exclusive concierge travel assistance, purchase protections, special discounts and more.
- Get 10,000 bonus miles (equal to $100 towards travel) every year
- $300 Annual Travel Credit for bookings through Capital One Travel
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- 2X Miles on all purchases, and boosted Miles for bookings through Capital One Travel
- Unlimited access for you and 2 guests to 1,300+ lounges worldwide from Capital One Lounges, Priority Pass™ and Plaza Premium Group.
- $395 annual fee
- Doesn’t offer as many luxury travel or specialized perks as other elite cards do
How It’s Compared
Capital One Venture X vs. The Platinum Card® from American Express
The Platinum Card® from American Express is the original premium card with luxury benefits, setting the credit card industry standard. While the Amex Platinum card does come with a hefty annual fee at $695, it is absolutely loaded with perks, among which, the crown jewel is the access to Fine Hotels + Resorts® through American Express Travel. Also, the Platinum Card® from American Express offers both Marriott and Hilton elite status through card membership (enrollment required).
The choice between these two cards depends on your travel style and preferences. If you prioritize luxury travel and premium services, The Platinum Card is a strong option. However, if you want flexibility and a more budget-friendly approach to travel rewards, the Capital One Venture X may be the better choice.
Capital One Venture X vs. Chase Sapphire Reserve®
In many ways, you’ll find the Chase Sapphire Reserve® card to be pretty similar to the Capital One Venture X card. While its annual fee is quite a bit higher at $550, it also comes with benefits like Instacart+, DoorDash DashPass and much more. Plus, your points are worth 50% more when redeemed through the Chase travel portal.
The choice between these two cards hinges on your travel and spending habits. If you prefer a straightforward rewards system and plan to redeem points for any travel expense, the Capital One Venture X is a solid choice. However, if you are willing to invest time in maximizing rewards through transfer partners and value premium travel benefits, the Chase Sapphire Reserve® might be the better fit for you.
Venture X card’s annual credits alone should offset its annual fee almost effortlessly, saving you from worrying about maximizing every niche perk to justify the card’s cost. With a balanced focus on flexible travel, boosted miles rewards on everyday spending, and useful bonuses, the Capital One Venture X is the ideal middle-ground for travelers looking for a less taxing luxury card.
P.S.: Here are all the transfer partners for Capital One. You can transfer your Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card miles to 15+ travel and hotel programs, mostly at a 1:1 ratio.
Note that you’ll need to transfer a minimum of 1,000 Venture X Miles at a time to travel partners and they will need to be in 100-mile increments.
- Accor Live Limitless (2:1)
- Aeromexico Club Premier (1:1)
- Air Canada Aeroplan (1:1)
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue (1:1)
- Avianca Lifemiles (1:1)
- British Airways Avios (1:1)
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (1:1)
- Choice Privileges (1:1)
- Emirates Skywards (1:1)
- Etihad Airways Guest (1:1)
- Eva Air Infinity MileageLands (2:1.5)
- Finnair Plus (1:1)
- Qantas Frequent Flyer (1:1)
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer (1:1)
- TAP Air Portugal Miles&Go (1:1)
- Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles (1:1)
- Virgin Red (1:1)
- Wyndham Rewards (1:1)